Glen Cove Beaches
Glen Cove’s three beautiful beaches are Pryibil Beach, located on East Beach Road, Crescent Beach located on Crescent Beach Road, and Morgan Park located on Germaine Street.
Basic rules of the Glen Cove beaches:
- No dogs are permitted at any facility at any time.
- Flotation devices and ball playing are prohibited.
- Alcohol is not permitted at any time.
- Bathe in designated swim areas only and only when lifeguards are on duty.
- When you hear the whistle, look at the lifeguard’s chair. They may want your attention.
- No diving off of floats or piers.
- Rollerblades, skateboards, bicycles and scooters are not permitted beyond parking areas.
- Help keep our beaches clean; please dispose of garbage in receptacles provided.
Who may use the beaches?
Only Glen Cove residents may use Pryibil Beach and Crescent Beach. Residents of Glen Cove and Locust Valley may use Morgan Park. The beaches are monitored with beach gate attendants from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Attendants check for proof of residency. You must have your driver’s license and registration with you showing your Glen Cove address to be issued a beach permit.
When and where can I acquire a beach permit?
Beach permits are issued starting in late January. They are available Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 pm. in the Parks and Recreation Department, City Hall Room 206. Permits are also issued at the beach entrances, provided that your license and registration both have your Glen Cove address listed. If this is not the case, you can obtain a permit at City Hall by presenting a utility bill (i.e., phone or gas bill) or your current lease or deed to your home, along with your driver’s license and registration.
Beach stickers must be affixed to your vehicle. The sticker is to be placed on the driver side back passenger window. Stickers that are not adhered to your vehicle will be confiscated, as beach privileges are not transferable.
Special one-day or short stay permits will be issued for family members of Glen Cove residents who wish to access our beaches. Contact the Parks & Recreation Office at 676-3766 for further information.
Glen Cove Parks
Glen Cove’s has wonderful parks throughout the city.