Mayor Reginald A. Spinello
Welcome To The City of Glen Cove
Glen Cove is a City on the grow. We have exciting new initiatives, developments, recreational programs and special events on our City’s agenda for the coming months.
From a business perspective, our vision for 2016 underscores our desire to enhance the quality of life in Glen Cove. We started the year off strong with no residential tax increase and are focusing on the following priorities:
- Put underutilized blighted properties like the Glen Cove Waterfront back on the tax roll.
- Build Glen Cove’s credentials as a center of commerce by attracting new business, new jobs and new retail offerings.
- Maintain our commitment to aggressively pursue illegal housing violations and place new emphasis on exterior residential and commercial code violations that affect the visual appearance of our community
- Introduce “Residents First” programming like the designation of the north side parking areas of the Glen Cove and Glen Street train stations for Glen Cove residents only and the recent adoption of a new City law that will offer expedited short form summary decisions from the Glen Cove Zoning Board.
- Work with the Downtown Business Improvement District and Chamber of Commerce to continue to make Glen Cove a destination of choice for suburban living, culture, shopping, entertainment and great food
- Deliver outstanding service to the Glen Cove community – our Departments of Public Works, Sanitation, Parks & Recreation, Building, Water, Finance, along with our Senior Center, Youth Bureau, Police, Fire, EMS, Auxiliary Police and my office are committed to doing their best to answer your needs
From a cultural, environmental and recreational perspective, don’t miss these upcoming summer events:
July 26-31 – Feast of St. Rocco
July 31 – Renaming of Glen Cove Boxing Club to Howard Davis Jr. Boxing Club
August 2 – National Night Out Against Crime
August 27 – Mayor’s Snapper Derby
Mayor Reginald Spinello