Mayor Reginald A. Spinello
Welcome To The City of Glen Cove
Glen Cove is a City on the grow. We have exciting new initiatives, developments, recreational programs and special events on our City’s agenda for the coming months.
From a business perspective, our vision for 2016 underscores our desire to enhance the quality of life in Glen Cove. We started the year off strong with no residential tax increase and are focusing on the following priorities:
- Put underutilized blighted properties like the Glen Cove Waterfront back on the tax roll.
- Build Glen Cove’s credentials as a center of commerce by attracting new business, new jobs and new retail offerings.
- Maintain our commitment to aggressively pursue illegal housing violations and place new emphasis on exterior residential and commercial code violations that affect the visual appearance of our community
- Introduce “Residents First” programming like the designation of the north side parking areas of the Glen Cove and Glen Street train stations for Glen Cove residents only and the recent adoption of a new City law that will offer expedited short form summary decisions from the Glen Cove Zoning Board.
- Work with the Downtown Business Improvement District and Chamber of Commerce to continue to make Glen Cove a destination of choice for suburban living, culture, shopping, entertainment and great food
- Deliver outstanding service to the Glen Cove community – our Departments of Public Works, Sanitation, Parks & Recreation, Building, Water, Finance, along with our Senior Center, Youth Bureau, Police, Fire, EMS, Auxiliary Police and my office are committed to doing their best to answer your needs
From a cultural, environmental and recreational perspective, don’t miss these upcoming summer events:
September 1 – Autostrade Car Show – 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.; Downtown Glen Cove, School and Glen Streets
September 5 – Labor Day – DPW and School Holiday: No garbage or recycling pick up; Residents regularly scheduled for Monday will receive pick-up on Tuesday; Residents regularly scheduled for Tuesday, will receive pick-up on Wednesday; There will not be metal or yard waste pick-up until the following Wednesday, September 14, 2016
September 8 – Cove Animal Rescue Golf Tournament: Come support Cove Animal Rescue and enjoy a day at the beautiful Glen Cove Golf Course, Pre-register at the Pro Shop, the View and Cove Animal Rescue Shelter, 1:15 p.m., Tee off ($200 per person includes snack, golf and dinner at The View)
September 9 – Celebration of 100 years of Glen Cove Football: 6:00 p.m., Glen Cove High School
September 18 – Gold Coast Concours/Bimmerstock: Exotic Car and BMW show in downtown Glen Cove. Proceeds benefit the Diabetes Research Institute. Car registration at 8:00 a.m. Event will be from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. For information call (516) 822-1700
September 20 – Pre-Council Meeting: 6:30 p.m., Glen Cove City Hall, 9 Glen Street, 2nd Floor Conference Room
September 24 – S.T.O.P. (Stop Throwing Out Pollutants) Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – DPW Yard, 100 Morris Avenue; Eligible items include paint, enamel, oil and lead based paint only. No water or latex based paints, paint thinner, household batteries, not rechargeable batteries, brake and transmission fluid, antifreeze aerosol cans with contents, air conditioning refrigerants and household cleaning liquids.
September 25 – Sunday Dinner with Grandma Fundraiser: 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Glen Cove Senior Center (516-759-9610)
September 27 – City Council Meeting: 7:30 p.m. Glen Cove City Hall, 9 Glen Street, Main Chambers
Mayor Reginald Spinello